Seyi Shay has taken to social media to share some wisdom nuggets she discovered in her thirties that has been working for her.
The mother of one, who will turn a new age on Wednesday, December 21, shared the life hacks on her Instagram page ahead of her 36th birthday.
She advised people to prioritize their mental health and peace of mind over their career, because the former is more important.
The ‘irawo’ hitmaker added that people should be comfortable with others not liking them, because not everyone will like you as some don’t even like themselves.
Speaking further, she advised people to stay away from toxic people and environments, and learn to forgive themselves and other people.
Seyi Shay shared beautiful photos of herself with the caption,
“Birthday week AND Christmas week ?! Cheeeee
I’m super Grateful for life and all my many blessings
Life hacks I’ve now learned in my ‘30something’ years on earth:
1. Even when you trust someone, keep some things to yourself
2. Your mental health and peace is more important than your career will ever be
3. Be ok with people not liking you, most people don’t even like themselves (they just can’t admit it)
4. Being misunderstood can be fixed
5. Drink loads of water
6. Eat home cooked food/ learn to cook
7. Exercise regularly
8. Let God talk to you for a change, meditate
9. Stay away from toxic people and things
10. Forgive your past, yourself and others”
See her post below,